Sunday, August 14, 2016

Welcome!

I would like to thank you for attending our Open House. It was great to meet so many of our new first grade students and parents. I would also like to extend a warm welcome to the new families of Neuse Charter School! We had a great turnout. The support and involvement of families is greatly appreciated and I look forward to working closely with you and your child this year.

Please remember that school starts tomorrow, bright and early! Drop off begins at 7:50 and ends at 8:12.  Students will be tardy by 8:15 and will need to be walked in and checked in at the office. Also, any paper work that was taken during Open House can be returned with your child on the first day of school.

If you walk your child in on the first day of school, I will have a sheet at my back table asking how your child will be picked up in the afternoon. If it is not filled out, I will be calling during our lunch time so I can make sure all our kiddos get where they are supposed to be. Carpool will begin at 3:15. I hope my kiddos are all excited to start school tomorrow. I can't wait to start the new year!

Volunteers: The first two weeks of school will be spent on learning rules and procedures as well as taking informal assessments. The next two weeks after, will be spent working on our mClass assessments. This means that we will not begin our centers until September. I will be sending out a sign up genius when we are about to begin, so you may sign up that way. However, I can still use some help! If you are able to come in to the classroom, I can use some help setting up. I have several projects that need to be finished but now have little time to complete them. This includes labeling (hot glue or tape), setting up my curtains over areas to cover shelves (hot glue), as well as other odds and ends. If you are able to come in, please send me an email and let me know when you would like to help. Thank you for your support!

Mrs. Atkisson

No comments:

Post a Comment