Monday, August 29, 2016

Homework Questions

Hello Neuse Families!

I have had a few questions about homework and I am so sorry I have not been very clear with the directions. All students are working on List 2 for the sight words and they are on the next Fluency sheet. I am leaving the fluency sheet and the Sight word lists in the notebooks to keep as a reference for myself and also the student/parent. We have started on our mClass assessments this week and it will go on until next week. Since we are still in the process of assessing and working on our Kindergarten review, we are staying on the same levels. The only sheet that was removed from the notebook was the math homework sheet.

I completely understand those children that are ready to move on, however, we have to make sure all of the assessments are complete so we can meet the needs of all of our students. We will discuss this in further detail tomorrow at our First grade meeting. Remember, we are meeting at the High School Commons area at 5:30. We will have a powerpoint presentation so if you are unable to make it, I will be happy to send you a copy.

On Friday, I also allowed the students to take home their Reading Notebooks to show off. They have been so excited to have their very own books to be able to write their notes and work on new material. Hopefully you were able to take a look and discuss with your student what they have been reviewing in class. We will work daily in our Reading Notebook and I will periodically send them home.

Please also make sure that your student brings their OWL Notebook to class every single day. The have their behavior chart inside which needs to be initialed nightly. We also use table points throughout the day to make sure that we are all on task. At the end of the day we count out the points and I will begin to add a sticker to the back of their OWL notebook to all the students that belong to the group winners.

Mrs. Atkisson



No comments:

Post a Comment