Monday, August 22, 2016

Week 2 August 22-26, 2016

I hope you have had a restful weekend! We are gearing up for another full week of school and I am so excited!

A few reminders:

* Please make sure to bring a water bottle to class everyday.

* I sent out the first homework packet this Friday. Students are NOT required to do homework over the weekend, but they may use this as a way to get a head start. As I wrote on their homework paper, if after 30 minutes they are still working, please STOP! It will not count against them if they did not finish. 

* With the math homework,  make sure they are working down the column not across.  It has been brought to my attention that the stars and pencils are too light to see on Wednesday and Thursday. Wednesday there should be 15 stars and there should be 19 pencils.
 
* I will begin our spelling program once we have all our assessments completed.


* If your child has a medical issue that requires them to use the restroom several times (6-7 times) a day, please let me know. I have a handful of students that go to the bathroom more than 5 times throughout the day, sometimes within 15 minutes. We have set times when we go but if they are constantly going though out the class period, they tend to miss directions. 

*Monday folders will be sent home today in our OWL Notebooks. Please sign that you have seen the paper work and return them to school on Tuesday. I keep these and file them for the year and use them for conferences or information regarding their assessments. They will all be returned to you at the end of the year.

If you gave any questions, please do not hesitate to drop me an email.

Happy Monday!
Mrs. Atkisson

No comments:

Post a Comment