Monday, October 3, 2016

Week October 3-7

Important Dates
Oct 14 - Cardboard Arcade in 5th grade classrooms
Oct 14 - Early Release @ 11:45AM
Oct 14 - End of 1st Quarter
Oct 17 - Teacher Workday
Oct 18 - Teacher Workday
Oct 27 - Report Cards go home
Oct 28 - Booster Bash 5-8PM

Hello Neuse Families!

I hope you had a wonderful and relaxing weekend. I just have to say that our field trip on Friday was AMAZING! The students all did so well and I can tell that they thoroughly enjoyed themselves while learning some real cool things about nature.
I would also like to thank all the families that have made it in to our teacher-parent conference time. Your dedication and commitment to your child's education is truly wonderful to see. If you have not been able to schedule a meeting, please email me so we can try to set something up. I understand how difficult it can be to take time away from work. 
This month we will begin our first author study. The author we will be covering is Mo Williems! Our Reading Street Basal focus in unit 1 is on animals so this will fit in perfectly to what we are already reading. I can't wait to get started!
One of the many ways that I encourage positive behavior in my classroom is through a compliment chain that we add throughout the week. If another teacher compliments our classroom- regarding their behavior, listening skills, walking in line, in specials class, etc.  we add a chain to our link. Once we reach ten, I have promised my students that we will have a popcorn party. Well we have officially reached 10 links in our chain!!!! This Friday, we will have a popcorn party. I am also going to allow them to bring a stuffed animal to class that day! I am all about encouraging them when they are following the rules not just highlighting their behavior when they are breaking them. Make sure to give your student a high five for being such awesome first graders!

Donations needed for the classroom:

* copy paper
* glue sticks
* composition notebooks (we need these for our math journals)
* 6 headphone sets for our listening center
* plastic bottle caps (from water bottles or something similar in size)
* rolling garment rack (for our pocket chart center)



No comments:

Post a Comment