Sunday, September 11, 2016

Week 12-16

Hello Neuse Families!

I hope you have had an enjoyable weekend. I have added a new button to my blog labeled Weekly Story.  Please look through and see what our story for the week will focus on. I have also added to the Spotlight on Learning tab. This will be updated weekly with information that covers what we will be working on for the week.

I have set up a sign-up genius for parent conferences that will begin next week. Please choose one that is most convenient for your family. I will go over information regarding their assessments as well as group placement. If you have any questions, please have them ready so we may cover them during the conference. I am allotting 20 minutes per conference in order to see as many families as I can.

Many of you have shown interest in coming in to help for centers. My centers are not run like the centers they had last year in Kindergarten. We ultimately want each student to work independently and productively at each center so the first few weeks it is simply management that we are working on. If you would like to volunteer it will be to walk around and offer assistance to any student that needs help at their center. I was going to add a sign up genius for this but I think I could manage without it. I need at least one parent per day from 11:30-12:30. These will be for my math centers. Please email me if you would like to help out. These are held Tuesday-Thursday. Thank you to the parents that have offered to come in and help. It is greatly appreciated!

A few reminders:

*  Field trip forms and payment are due tomorrow, Monday 12th
*  Please continue to send your child with a sweater as it is VERY cold in my classroom.
*  Continue to sign the behavior chart daily- I have several students that have not had it signed
*  I hope many of you are working on the 100 book challenge that was in your welcome packet. I will begin sending books home shortly and these will definitely count towards their goal.

We are in need of some items in our classroom. If you are able to donate any items, we would greatly appreciate it!

- balls for recess
- play-dough for our Word Work centers
- spoons
- forks
- napkins
- construction paper
- colored paper (yellow, green, or blue)

** Many parents are finding it difficult to keep track of my blog. I will be sending a copy of my weekly updates via email as well for those that find it easier. **

Thank you so much and I hope you have a fabulous week!

Mrs. Atkisson


1 comment: